Friday, October 5, 2012

Parent's Weekend

Judging from all the trucks dropping off large quantities of beautiful flowers to be quickly planted on campus in the last two days, it must be time for parent's weekend (also known as the biggest economy-boosting weekend of the year for UVM - just take a look at the Christmas presents in the bookstore).

This is a new concept for me, so I've spent time this week asking (and overhearing) what parent's weekend means to YOU.

Three bros: "Dude, mom's bringing me brownies", "My mom's bringing me brownies and a cake", "My mom's bringing me two cakes" ... manly.

"Parent's weekend means I have to hide my girlfriend"
"Parent's weekend means I have to hide my weed"
"Parent's weekend means I have to share my weed"

"My parents aren't coming so they're sending money; score!"

"It's parent's weekend? FUCK."

And for those of us living on campus who's parents are not making the trip up this weekend, one thing is certain: the food at the Grundle is about to improve about 200%. That can only be a good thing.


1 comment:

  1. parents weekends the absolute worst, I barricade myself in doors so I don't have to deal with the hoards of people. driving in burlingtons already a nightmare, WE DONT NEED THIS SHIT

    ReplyDelete