Wednesday, October 24, 2012

We're-over-halfway-there week

So it's week 9 and everyone's feeling it. More students are in the library at night, more people aren't sleeping as much, more people are pulling all-nighters to get work done. We're tired.
At home, we almost always have a mid-semester break after 7 weeks; almost exactly in the middle. So I'm feeling in desperate need of a break right now, and the thought that thanksgiving is still so far away is somewhat depressing.

HOWEVER
There are still lots of things to enjoy about this time of year - and trust me, Americans are so lucky, with so many more holidays to celebrate leading up to Christmas.
Firstly; the word on everyone's lips this week (and perhaps this is not as exciting for you to hear as for me, but I do think this is exciting): Halloween. I've definitely spent more than my fair share of time looking up every possible costume idea!

Secondly; the great Vermont outdoors. I went on my first hike on the weekend and it was ama-aazing. I now completely understand what all the fuss is about. I was feeling very tired and grouchy in the few days before I went on the hike, but coming back completely exhausted on Saturday afternoon, I was also completely refreshed. I can highly recommend it as a stress reliever! Going to get free samples at Cabot Cheese afterwards was a bonus.



Thirdly; on Monday I got a care package from my best friend at home. Filled with delightful Australian goodies like Tim Tams, Cadbury Creations and Vegemite, it made my day!! Never underestimate the power of a gift or a simple gesture. You never know when it will be returned! There's definitely some good karma going her way.



Now, back to my history paper... only three and a half weeks 'til Thanksgiving break!

3 comments:

  1. Like how you share your personal life with us, i find that great. The Background is pretty cool, definitely has a "Vermonty" touch to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see i'm not the only one in need of a break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, for the love of all things holy, try to explain what vegemite tastes like! I saw it in one of the hundreds of Mary Kate and Ashley movies and i just need to know, it has been eating away at me since the late 90's

    ReplyDelete